You’ve either got it, or you haven’t, people say. I am talking about the ‘sixth sense’, this extraordinary ability which enables us to perceive far more than our five sensory organs allow. Everybody has got a sixth sense, but usually women are more likely to use it than men. We listen to its signals and messages when we have to make decisions, or we sense something that is in the air but not (yet) visible.
Have you ever thought the so-called sixth sense might have something to do with the sixth energy centre? The sixth chakra is situated between the eyebrows, and is also called the ‘third eye’. Why? Because we can ‘see’ and perceive more with it, than with our physical visual organ, the eyes.
OUR ANCESTORS CLOSED THE ‘THIRD EYE’
But why do we women still question our sensitive perception? Do we refuse to accept abilities which connect us with other levels and other worlds? Because they are not scientifically proven? Because we are not taken seriously? Because we are laughed at?
If we go back in time, a few centuries, we come to a dark age, where thousands of women had to die, in the most excruciating pain, on the stake. Because they saw more than others (both in the past and future), because they ‘knew’ more and had extra-sensory perceptions, and because they could heal in ways that could not be intellectually explained.
Many of our female ancestors had a strongly developed sixth chakra. However, they closed it, as they feared to end up as witches on the stake, for their abilities. Even today, many women close their third eye. Their special abilities, such as clairvoyance, and being a medium, are still questioned, not appreciated, and degraded by the majority of people.
AS A WOMAN YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD SENTENCES LIKE …
- “You are imagining things!”
- “You and your esoteric stuff!”
- “This can’t be scientifically proved.”
- “You should rather deal with serious literature than spend time on chakra/meridian/kinesiology/TCM trainings.”
- “I only believe you when I have seen it with my own eyes.”
- “You are being carried away.”
- “You should not believe all this crap about energy medicine. You are an intelligent woman after all.”
- “Take antibiotics instead of this homeopathic stuff!”
WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE SIXTH CHAKRA?
Although the majority of women would say their intuition is placed in their heart because they follow their feelings, or in their stomach, because they trust in their gut feeling, it is actually situated in the sixth energy centre. The third eye works like a receiver-transmitter, absorbing all the vibrations and unspoken messages around us. It is commonly called ‘the sixth sense’.
In most cases, we women trust our intuitive perception, and our subtle sensors, more than men. And it is mainly women who have developed clairvoyant and medial abilities. Not because they can do it better than men, no. But generally, they are more likely to allow it.
They have to take unjustified criticism and blame. However, it is mainly women who write books, offer courses, and trainings, about energetic, subtle and spiritual topics, and provide healing work. It is not unusual that women have ‘inherited’ the abilities for supernatural perceptions from their mothers or grandmothers.
TYPICAL TOPICS RELATED TO THE SIXTH FEMALE CHAKRA:
- doubting intuitive perception
- suppressing supernatural abilities
- not following the call of one’s heart
- allowing others to make one feel unsure
- being judged for one’s truth
- keeping spiritual experiences secret
- hiding clairvoyance
The following table (according to C.N. Shealy and C.M. Myss, The Creation of Health, 1983) shows the disorders that can correlate with a weak sixth female chakra:
|organs||mental and spiritual areas||possible physical disorders|
|fear of self-judgement
abuse of intellectual abilities
fear of new ideas
paranoia and fear
refusing to learn from experiences in life
brain tumour/brain haemorrhage/stroke
problems with the spine
HOW CAN WE REBALANCE THE SIXTH FEMALE CHAKRA?
Just as with all the other chakras, there are various ways to strengthen and balance the sixth chakra:
- through physical exercises, or yoga, on the energetic level
- with the help of body-energy-work
- with the help of mediation
- on the emotional level through talk therapy, family settings, kinesiology, astrological sessions, etc.
- on the mental level through positive thinking, mental training, etc.
- on the spiritual level through transformation of karmic blockages or oaths with the help of spiritual tools