10 steps for women who eventually want to fulfil their potential
“Do not be too shy and hesitant in your actions. The entire life is an experiment. The more you experiment, the better.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! This is not a new revelation, but the lost chance on inspiring experiences, necessary changes, or important steps forward.
Life without calculable risk remains shallow, just like a boring watery soup. And the colourful life might roll past you while you are incapable of making a decision because of doubts and despondency.
Where do you actually stand in your present life?
Maybe in your life there are also a few brave steps waiting for you? What about the following questions for a brief self-reflection:
- Do you find your life an obstacle run?
- Are you facing a decision you are scared of, and you do not want to commit yourself?
- Do you implement your wishes and dreams?
- Do you act too impulsively because thinking too much scares you?
- Are you dreaming of adventures which will never happen?
- Do you leave important decisions about you and your life to other people?
- Do you tend to be pessimistic?
It is important to listen to your feelings when making decisions. But be aware how strongly your gut feeling can be influenced by artificially construed fears.
Your fellow people’s remarks may energetically weigh you down and unsettle you. These people haven’t got enough courage themselves, or they do not want you to walk your path determinedly, and to make your decisions bravely, just because they fail in doing so.
Do not be misled! Courage can be trained, just like muscles!
How to get out of the despondency trap:
- Make your decisions rationally, if you are emotionally insecure, and do not know what is right or wrong.
- Get plenty of information before you make significant changes in your life.
- Grab the opportunities for change which life offers you, and do not let them roll past you.
- Do not only prepare plan A, but also plan B (or even plan C).
- If you feel insecure, take small steps to get closer to your aim.
- Learn to distinguish between rational and irrational thoughts which might have a negative influence on your decision.
- Realize that there is no life without risks, unless you spend the rest of your life in bed (and even there you might feel claustrophobic).
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! But if you are courageous, step by step you will become more confident, you will suffer less from mental stress, you will see your aims more clearly, and eventually reach them through increased willpower. And one day you will have forgotten what you were scared of.