Many women are still expected to concentrate on satisfying the needs of not only immediate but also extended families. Without consciously being aware of it, they are directed by emotions, rooted in their clans, and connected with their first, and particularly their second, female chakra.
This energy centre is situated in the area of the uterus. Therefore, we must not be surprised that many women suffer from health problems connected with their reproductive organs.
The second chakra has to do with relationships. First of all, the relationship with ourselves, and secondly, the relationship with others. At the same time, this chakra is an energy centre which reacts to the quality of relationships, and everything that is emotionally closely-connected to us. Therefore, it not only reacts to burdens within our family and our circle of friends, but also to our financial situation and lack of financial security.
Girls have often been pushed by their clans to look for wealthy partners who can provide financial security for them, and sometimes even their family. They sacrifice love, the foundation of a partnership, for material security or a better social status.
HAVE YOU HEARD OR READ SENTENCES LIKE…
- “You must not marry below your financial level.”
- “Take care that your partner is able to offer you financial wealth.”
- “Financial security is more important than love/fidelity.”
- “Children are part of a marriage. That’s it!”
- “In a family the man is the most important person.”
- “It is your fault if your husband is unfaithful/drunk/addicted to gambling.”
- “Women belong to their children.”
- “Well. He is a man. Don’t get aggravated if he…”
- “Forget about your dream job. Be realistic!”
- “Instead of wasting your time with knitting/painting/singing, find a hobby that we can all benefit from.”
WHAT HAS THIS ALL GOT TO DO WITH THE SECOND CHAKRA?
Uterus and ovaries are our most important organs in the area of the second female chakra. Metaphorically, they represent a creative space, which, for example, gives birth to our children. But we do not only give birth to our children, in a figurative sense we give birth to so much more. We can reveal our creativity with baking, knitting, painting, dancing, singing, and writing. Conclusions, new ideas, and inner wisdom, originate from there.
We women are often educated in a way that we assimilate the problems of our family members (second chakra), or we care for sick and old members of the family tirelessly. We often take on others’ big burdens and make them our own. As a result of our education we refuse to see that this often happens against our will. However, our body and soul often react.
TYPICAL TOPICS CONNECTED WITH THE SECOND CHAKRA:
- suppressed aggression
- suppressed anger
- fear of being left by a partner
- financial insecurity
- social status
- lack of security
- apportioning of blame
The following table (after C.N. Shealy and C.M. Myss, The Creation of Health, 1983) shows which disorders can be connected with a weak second female chakra:
|organs||mental and spiritual areas
|possible physical disorders|
|apportioning of blame
feelings of guilt
problems with sexuality, money and control in relationships
power/control in the physical world
problems during pregnancy
pains in the pelvis and lower back
WHAT CAN WE DO TO BALANCE THE SECOND FEMALE CHAKRA?
Just as with all the other chakras, there are also different ways of balancing and strengthening the second chakra, such as
- physical exercises or yoga on the energetic level
- with the help of body-energy-work
- with the help of meditation
- on the emotional level through communication therapy, family settings, kinesiology, astrological counselling, etc.
- on the mental level through positive thinking, mental training, etc.
- on the spiritual level through transformation of karmic blockages or oaths with the help of spiritual tools